Monday, April 16, 2012

Truth Most of Us Can Agree With: Abstraction

It is a Monday evening and I have had yet another quiet day of catching up on rest. Rest, the villian of anxious youth. Excessive rest I would not need if I were of average health for my age. But what is average? STOP. Resist the urge to roll the eyes. In my everyday thoughts, I avoid these annoying questions that pop up every now and then. These over-simplified "philosophical" questions are often used to prove dementional thinking rather than challenge for the sake of discovery. Conversations beginning with these questions are often cluttered battles of perception that end in frustration. These questions are often so broad that they seem to be grounds for an interesting arguement that could eventually reveal the meaning of life. However, our time is limited and our human brains cannot possibly explore the extent of these abstract questions, so it's very acceptable to take on an apathetic approach to the arguement. If these questions do arise, I tend to draw lengthy conclusions from every angle so I will reach some intellectual satisfaction from the irritating proposal of a question. Being apathetic to any broad, abstract question translates into a weakly developed mental apetite. In other words, narrow-mindedness.

Abstraction, as an unexplored idea, was simply ANNOYING to me in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment